Sunday, November 8, 2015

16 Shades of Bondi (WIP)

Bondi, Bondi, Bondi, Bondi, Bondi...

It's been awhile (sorry)... September and October just flew by.  Didn't even get the Halloween decorations up this year.  The apartment above mine had broken pipe, which made it rain in my kitchen and dining room (where my computer is).  I've been pretty busy lately, and it set me back just enough so that it felts like I've been playing catch up ever since.

 Group 1A front
Group 1A back

Enough whining by me.  I did get some hobby-time in and have a bit of back log of things I could post, so let's start off with some Bondi.  These 16 Bondi make up the last 2 points of my 6 point Viking warband.

 Group 1B front
Group 1B back

These guys still need their shields and bases to be done, but they're pretty close.  I had a lot of fun painting them up and making everyone an individual.  Although Bondi are the "farmers" and "craftsmen" of the Viking community, they present a great opportunity to add some real color to their chainmail clad brethren.

 Group 2A front
Group 2A back

Tried to balance brighter colors with more muted natural tones.  I used a variety of paints on these figs, but really got the most of my Andrea Color paint sets for the first time.  The Bondi gave me the chance to experiment a bit, and I did discover a few color recipes that I will be sure to use again the future.

 Group 2B front
Group 2B back
.

19 comments:

  1. Excellent brushwork, Jason! Is this group meant to go up against Monty's hordes?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Yes, I've played him twice at Saga Storm, but he'll take on my fully painted warband this coming Thorsday. :-)

      Delete
    2. It was a treat to see them in person! Between these fellows and The Fritz, you're on fire.

      Delete
  2. Looking great Jason. The colors are really good. Now, "everybody stand next to the warlord..." :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome looking troops Jason! Great work!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Stunning paintwork, the colour choice is superb

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ewww ... neighbours water running through the house. Not something I wish to experience. I trust all is better now.

    The Bondi look great. Painting a bunch of individuals must be refreshing compared to uniformed units.

    Salute
    von Peter himself

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! It has it's own fun and it's own angst. It's like figuring out coordinated outfits for 16 guys instead of being told how to paint them. :-) What colors work for the individual that also work together with the rest of the unit.

      Delete
  6. Ouch that's nasty business with the neighbor. Hopefully their insurance was up to scratch to cover any damages to you.

    Nice work on the Bondi! Nice additions to round up the warband

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It had to happen in the middle of the night too. Couldn't wake the neighbors up to turn off their water. Luckily I was able to react quickly myself getting buckets to control the mess and move everything out of harms way. Only damage was to the building itself, literally only a box of matches got soaked.

      Thanks! Looking forward to finishing these guys off and taking some group pictures with the rest of the warband.

      Delete
  7. Splendid, they are splendid!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I think these are sensational Jason, the colours just work really well together.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks a lot Michael, that's what I was hoping for. :)

      Delete