Saturday, September 5, 2015

Saga Vikings - Hearthguard Complete

Coming to a Saxon village near you!

The first four points of my Saga Viking warband are now complete.  Finished up the bases, completed the last few shields, and added a bit of blood.  Next up is the Warlord and the Bondi.  Not much else to say that has not already been said.  For the curious, those details can be found in previous posts HERE.





I already spoke at length about shields HERE, but I thought I'd revisit the subject briefly.  As I mentioned before, I decided to go with a limited black and white scheme specifically for this warband.  As you'll begin to see in future posts, these vikings are also part of a larger army for the game Hail Caesar.  As I paint the rest of the army, the rest of the shields will be done in the typical colorful viking way.  These figure then can blend in separately amongst the other units.  They can also be brought back together in one unit where their unique shield color scheme can help designate an elite unit or mercenaries.
.

25 comments:

  1. They look fierce and beautiful, excellent job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fantastic! I really like the blood on the shields!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Rodger, I'm glad you guys like the blood. I wasn't sure if it was too much or silly.

      Delete
  3. Super work, Jason. Oh, and...bring it on!

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are some of the nicest Saga Vikes I've seen, really nice colours and tones, the blood splatter on the shields is perfectly done. Very characterful

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for the high praise. I'm glad you like them.

      Delete
  5. I agree with Kieran - these truly are some superb looking Vikings. You made me really think about playing Saga again.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Dean, means a lot coming from you!

      Delete
  6. Very nice Jason. A bloodthirsty crew indeed.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fantastic painting, Love the blood splattered shields!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, I'm glad everyone is liking the blood, because there's no taking it back once it's on there. :-)

      Delete
  8. Gorgeous brush work and figures - love them!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Impressive unit! Great job on them Jason!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great job Jason - may they bring you many spoils of war!

    ReplyDelete
  11. They look absolutely splendid! Love the gore.

    ReplyDelete