Saturday, April 25, 2015

SAGA Vikings - Hirdmen group 2 WIP

Hirdmen group 2 front

Same deal as the last post, another four Hirdmen and another point for my Vikings warband.  These guys are pretty fun to paint.  Once you get going on them, you can knock them out pretty quick.  I've got one more group and then some Berserkers.  Although I could paint up four with double handed axes and be able to use them as Angle-Danes as well.

Hirdmen group 2 back

As I mentioned in the last post I've been mostly using Vallejo paints, but the cloak on the mini below gave me a chance to try out one of my Andrea Color paint sets.  Not the best pics to see the gradual build up of highlights, but they should give some idea.  The suggested steps on the Andrea pamphlet seem kind of backwards.  Either way, I was pleased with my first try, especially with a color like black.  I'll probably combine a few steps next time, and look forward to using this set again on my Hospitallers.



.

5 comments:

  1. You sure are cranking out these cool Dark Agers, Jason. Nice work again.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice work! Dark age minis really are fast to paint. Don't know why, but they really seem to just fly through the whole process compared to some others.

    ReplyDelete
  3. More great looking norsemen. If mine are as "fast" to paint, they shouldn't be as much as the headache I've been anticipating afterall! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks guys, I'm glad you like them!

    ReplyDelete