Tuesday, April 14, 2015

Better Late Than Never

Here comes the cavalry...  Finally!

I've unintentionally put off the my return to the sphere-o-blog for far too long now, and with things ramping up hobby-wise, it's time to dust off ye olde Der Feldmarschall blog in order to once again share my hobby adventures with all you wonderful chaps out there.

A bit has changed with perhaps more to come.  One of the delaying factors in returning has been mulling giving the blog a facelift both in title and appearance.  True inspiration has yet to strike as I have yet to think of something better than the current format.  Other than that there has been some minor tweaking and some things gone all together.

One thing completely gone is the old Military History posts.  This is not only to make the blog more hobby centric, but also the belief in doing something right or not at all.  If the weekly/daily Military History posts ever do return, all 365 would be done ahead of time so the daily posts would never skip a beat and/or they would be given a blog of their own.

Other weekly features that I tried out last year may or may not return depending greatly on time available for blogging without sacrificing true hobby-time.  So perhaps not a weekly occurrence anymore, but when inspiration, interesting content, and spare time all conveniently collide.

A lot of blog-worthy things have happened since last July, but to keep this post from rambling on too long I'll start the process of catching up in the next post.  For now I'll just say that much of it was related to the game Saga.  Currently however we've started up a local 40k Escalation League (See HERE).  Looks like a great opprotunity to build a base of fun players and painted armies to game with, and another chance to get my Mordian Imperial Guard Army going again (Yeah those guys I actually started the blog with :-) )

Thanks for tuning back in,
Jason

.

11 comments:

  1. Great to have you back Jason - we've missed you! In the meantime I am very much enjoying the hospitality of your country and seeing as much of it as I can while I'm here.

    Sounds like you have some fun ideas to take the blog forward with things that don't become a chore. No doubt you'll evolve like everyone else has and I'm looking forward to being part of the ride!

    PS I'd love to see all your SAGA stuff - love that game!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sadly though, you seem to live quite aways from RI which precludes a beer together :-(

      Delete
    2. Yeah that crossed my mind a few times too. Probably not likely, but if I ended up going to something like Historicon out east I would definitely let you know just in case.

      Delete
  2. Nice to see you back in the chair :-) looking forward to some interesting posts

    ReplyDelete
  3. Welcome back to the land of little soldiers!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good to see you back in action again!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Why was I not alerted to the return of Der Feldmarschall sooner? The recce troops will be digging latrines for a while I'm thinking! 8O)

    Great to see the renewed activity. Any hopes for signs of life for Immer Vorwarts?

    Salute
    von Peter himself

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There are hopes, and dreams... Seriously, I'm hoping to get something going before Waterloo at least. Hopefully...

      Delete