Monday, June 30, 2014

Dracula Untold - Finally another epic Dracula movie?


There's lots of "vampire" movies/shows out there, but very few of them worth watching.  Even fewer still for a classic vampire/Dracula fan like me.  Bram Stoker's Dracula in 1992 remains one of my all time favorite movies.  It's impact is seen throughout my gaming hobby and my Warhammer Vampire Counts Army.  It continues to influence a desire for future Gothic Horror projects and games.  Its soundtrack is still a mainstay every October.  Its imagery is now my default for the genre.  As far as Dracula and vampire films go, it is an epic, and there has never been another one since.


Cue Dracula Untold coming this October.  Starring Luke Evens of recent Hobbit/Bard fame, its cast includes a number of other notable actors as well.  The story mixes the historical Vlad Tepes and dark fantasy.  The trailer looks good, but that's not always a sure sign.  I admit to a bit of quiet excitement, but I've been burned too many times to get my hopes up just yet.  I'm hoping at least for an enjoyable movie, but I dream of finally seeing another inspirational epic!

Dracula Untold (2014)


I guess we'll see on October 17th, but until then... your reaction? thoughts? predictions? concerns?  Let me know what you think in the comments below.  :-)





FYI:  Today in Military History 6/30 was posted earlier today.
.

6 comments:

  1. I agree on everything you said. The film I doubt will equal Bram Stoker's Dracula as that was more "believable"if you get my meaning not to mention the acting in particular Gary, directing, cinematography, mood setting and story telling were utterly superb, but this new film could stand on it's own as a fun horror story adventure and a good film in it's own right. Let's keep our figures crossed.

    Christopher

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Agree, this movie will not be the horror classic BSD was, but hopefully still a good dark action/adventure.

      Delete
  2. The trailer looks very exciting, I'm thinking more of an action movie than a gothic horror - not that there is anything wrong with that.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree, big fan of BS's Dracula here... I have high hopes for this, and pray it doesn't disappoint. We'll see, no doubt...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Another +1 for BSD.
    Looking forward to seeing what October brings us!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Think they've created a big action movie judging by that trailer. Shame really. Missed opportunity to blur the line between historical legend and horror. Vlad could have been given more low key powers that nevertheless gave him the edge instead of these god-like abilities.

    ReplyDelete