Tuesday, May 27, 2014

Hanging with Treebeard

Hrrooom!

While I continue to whittle away on my Vikings, I figured it was time to share some more of my friend Chris's minis (See the intro post HERE).  So this week I give you the big guy himself, Treebeard,  together with Merry and Pip of course who are along for the ride.  This is another lovely model form GW's Lord of the Rings line that's on my "Oops!  I should of bought that when it was metal." (and in stores) list.



Merry and Pippin have been given the same treatment as before, with the two Fellowship models there for comparison.  Chris has kept the hobbits separate so he can field Treebeard with or without them.  Not sure if they have a little pin that keeps them in place or that Treebeard holds them well enough on his own.


Chris has also continued his Autumn theme here to good effect, with the bright static grass and leaves contrasting nicely.  Painted treemen models like Treebeard sometimes run the risk of turning out quite boring and lifeless.  Take a look the one on GW's site for example.  Chris has dressed his model up to help make it pop a bit without overdoing it and ruining the overall model.  Being a "tree" the model now becomes a great centerpiece for the army that conveniently ties the Autumn color theme all together.  Another fantastic job Chris!




We come, we come with roll of drum: ta-runda runda runda rom!

We come, we come with horn and drum: ta-runa runa runa rom!

To Isengard! Though Isengard be ringed and barred with doors of stone;

Though Isengard be strong and hard, as cold as stone and bare as bone,

We go, we go, we go to war, to hew the stone and break the door;

For bole and bough are burning now, the furnace roars – we go to war!

To land of gloom with tramp of doom, with roll of drum, we come, we come;

To Isengard with doom we come!

With doom we come, with doom we come!



- J.R.R Tolkien


.

7 comments:

  1. Great look , well done Sir .
    Cheers .

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great work ! splendid !
    "I like ...hrrrom... if I could think a little ... ruooomm .... about that ... rhoom..." like says my old friend near me !

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very nice indeed!
    I'd like to use a couple of these guys in my Halfling Blood Bowl team!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey!!! Thanks for the write up Jason! Awesome! I miss those guys sitting next to me when I'm painting.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hope your Vikings are coming along nicely!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good night it's 1 in the morning in Kabul!

    ReplyDelete