Friday, April 25, 2014

Der Feldmarschall is getting more Social


The last few weeks I've been trying to get back into the blogger groove with a few posts that will hopefully lead to more regular updates and hopefully the return (and creation) of certain weekly features (hint, hint).  At the same time I've been making more time to get around to visit and support all your lovely blogs once again as well (Sorry about my absence).

While that's been going on I've also taken steps to more closely tie in my Google+ account and also create a Twitter account that's directly associated with Der Feldmarschall and my gaming interests.  My hope is to not only pass on updates from my own blog, but use these accounts to help support my fellow bloggers by giving more exposure to their fine posts as well.

Also I'm excited to use them to share news and information that probably doesn't warrant its own blog post, but interesting enough (to me at least) to pass along.  Of course the final result is more social exchanges with my fellow gamers, hobbyists, bloggers, etc. which is really the point to all this and the most fun.  :-)

Question:  I haven't totally connected this blog and replaced my Blogger profile with my Google+ account, but I'd like to hear from those of you that have.  Why or why not??

In the future I'd even like to incorporate my YouTube account and try out some videos, but one step at a time for now.  I have to save some time to paint!  Anyway, enough blabbing, below are the addresses to my Google+ and Twitter accounts.  I'd appreciate it if you'd give me a "follow."  Thanks!



.

8 comments:

  1. Hi Jason, I had considered the same kind of thing myself but find the google plus very intrusive and I had some problems posting comments before because of Google plus.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Paul, I am very hesitant to switch my blog over to G+. Unless I find out some huge benefit to me and my readers, I'll leave things as they are.

      Now if I could only eliminate recaptcha from the blogosphere...

      Delete
  2. I will be very interested in your final decision Jason. My thinking is exactly the same as Paul. I will be checking back to see what others have to say!

    ReplyDelete
  3. We had this exact discussion over at Scott's blog a little while ago.
    End result, I used some but all of the features on my own blog:

    http://scottswargaming.blogspot.com.au/2014/02/switching-to-google-for-blog-comments.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cant comment on the query about twitter and such, as I'm quite the novice when it comes to this kind of stuff. I do love that figure with the flat screen monitor though!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I believe that pic is from one of THS's battles at Tactica Hamburg.

      As of now I don't see any clear advantage to further changes, but some reasons to hesitate so I figure I'll leave well enough alone for now. Thanks everyone, especially the Scotts Wargaming info.

      Delete
  5. Yes, it is definitely from THS. That piece was used at a number of conventions, so it could be any of those!

    ReplyDelete