Wednesday, February 6, 2013

Designing the Ultimate Game Room

The Grand Design!

Although the original post is from 2010, I just came across this jaw dropping Wargaming Room over at Wargaming Workshop.  The post goes into great detail from concept to design to final glorious execution, and then goes on to breaks down every section and feature of the room.  Having a fabulous War Room / Man Cave is just about every gamer's dream, and if you are looking for ideas there is no better place to start so I just had to pass it along.




It appears all the furniture, fixtures, and cabinets have been custom made to produce this visually stunning and very comfortable looking gamer haven.  Along with the main game table and display cases, it also includes an impressive hobby area and storage space for just about everything you can think of.  There's even an attached (not pictured in the post) work room for the heavy duty and dusty hobby work, stocked with enough man toys to make Tim Taylor proud.



Although it looks like the blog site has not been active lately, there's still tons of great stuff to see at the Wargaming Workshop.  Check it out!
.

14 comments:

  1. IT IS MY DREAM... IF I WIN THE NATIONAL LOTTERY LOL :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, that room couldn't have been cheap to build. ;-)

      Delete
  2. Insane...Redesigning the room myself this year and some great ideas here..

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is amazing to have a room that looks so nice

    ReplyDelete
  4. Brilliant room. I have my entire hobby in 1 big-ish box and still do quite well.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Excellent looking room. When I designed my gamesroom I had some similar ideas, but costs and space became a factor as usual (I was going to include a full wet bar and loo!, but these ideas got dropped)

    I did also plan a painting modelling area... but one problem then became self evident - I would spend all my spare time in there and the family would never see me again! So compromise was reached to allow me to have my painting area on side of the familyroom area, so I can paint each evening, and still be part of the family, and not be 'banished away' in my own little room...

    Thanks for the heads up.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well that's all very nice, but while I'm freezing in the garage I can brush up on my arctic warfare techniques . . . .

    ReplyDelete
  7. Shockingly impressive. Very well done, Jason. Best, Dean

    ReplyDelete