Friday, January 4, 2013

New Year, New Blog, & New Minis


2012 was not a great year for me hobby-wise, but somehow this blog managed to chug along despite life getting the way quite frequently last year.  Even December ended with a dud as my Dad ended up being in and out of the hospital even after Christmas, so I am quite behind in my blog posts, visits, and e-mails (sorry).

Although I do not see myself as an eternal optimist, I can be stubborn sometimes, so despite 2012 I have "endeavored to persevere" and launch my new joint Napoleonic blog Immer Vorwärts!  Joined by my good friend Eric Hagen, this new blog will deal solely with our 1813 Napoleonic project.  Samples of Eric's talents can be found all over Der Feldmarschall, which by the way, will continue to chronicle the mixed bag that is my wargaming hobby.  :-)

So go on over and check out the new blog and give us a "Follow."  I promise you won't regret it.  ;-)

Best Christmas gift this year!  :-)

One of December's bright spots (along with Dad turning out OK) was receiving some very lovely miniatures compliments of Kawe over at Großbeeren 1813 from his personal miniature range venture Westfalia Miniatures.  I promise to do a proper review later, but for now I just say these are excellent figures sculpted by Paul Hicks.  Thank you very much Kawe (one of those late e-mails...), I hope to get painting on them this weekend!

Check 'em out!

Last but not least...  Have a Happy New Year!
.

25 comments:

  1. Happy New Year to you Jason, glad your Dad's feeling better. And I'm looking forward to your nappie shenanigans!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy New Year to you Feldmarschall, and the new blog has been noted, visited and bookmarked. All power to your brushes.

    Salute
    von Peter himself

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Great to hear, I hope to have plenty of Prussians for your viewing enjoyment! :-)

      Delete
  3. Happy New Year, Herr Feldmarschall! Glad to hear your Dad is on the mend, and great to see you all inspired for a new project. May 2013 find you always happy and healthy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy New Year Jason... Hope things will be good for you, your family and especially your dad!

    ReplyDelete
  5. A Happy New Year! good your Da's OK and all.

    Good looking mini's there and your new blog looks interesting too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy New Year, Jason. Glad to hear your dad is ok.

    Two blogs? I can barely manage a single. Good luck with your new project and blog!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Monty! Yeah, I might be crazy, but at least I'm not alone on the other one. :-)

      Delete
  7. All the best Jason for 2013. Hope your dad continues to improve.
    I'll check out the new blog...
    regards
    Scott

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy New Year to you and yours and thats great news about the old man.Great figures there too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Pete! I'm becoming a big fan of Paul Hicks. :-)

      Delete
  9. Will be looking forward to the review of the new figures! Paul Hicks is a great sculptor.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Jason, happy to hear your father's out of the hospital and doing well. Nice figures you received for Christmas too. Best wishes on your gaming and painting projects for 2013. Dean

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks Dean, I hope we both have better years in 2013. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Jason,

    happy your Dad turned out fine, and even more happy those 'Germans' have reached you.

    Best wishes,

    Kawe

    ReplyDelete