Saturday, January 19, 2013

Napoleonic Ottomans & Warlord Sale


A well done Ottoman Army during the Horse and Musket era is quite a sight on the table top.  It's something you don't see too often, and something I've long dreamed of painting up as part of a future Seven Years War project.  For some reason I never considered them an option during the Napoleonic Wars, but a pair of wonderful looking battles over at the Lonely Gamers blog reminded me that the Russians were fighting the Ottomans during Napoleon's day as well.






I just had to share some of the pictures, but I'll let the pics speak for themselves.  Be sure to click on the links to see the two battle reports that feature many more shots of these very well painted Russian and Ottoman Napoleonic era armies. Inspirational stuff!








Finally, just passing along that Warlord Games is having a sale on their Hail Caesar, Black Powder, and Pike & Shotte rulebooks.  Until February 1st, they're offering roughly a 33% discount on these books.  I was already looking at picking up Albion Triumphant (Not on sale, too new.), but this looks like a great opportunity to finally grab Pike & Shotte as well.  I'd love to get Hail Caeser too, but probably not this time.



 .

12 comments:

  1. Inspirational stuff indeed. Never heard of this battle, but I will do some research.
    Wonderfull pictures and thanks for sharing!

    Greetings
    Peter
    http://www.peterscave.blogspot.be/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice looking pictures and minis!
    Phil.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful looking figures Jason. The table is awesome too!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely pics Jason, and thanks for the heads up on the sale, I'll check that out, I think there's one of the armylist book I still want...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those OG Ottomans look great! Well, really, they all do! 28mm Ottomans for Maurice? Hmmm.

    Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my, what a fantastic battle and figures! Amazing stuff. I am intrigued with the Russo-Turkish War, but only have a brigade's worth of Russians, and no one here has any Turks. Again, fantastic game with my favorite Napoleonic set of rules. Best, Dean

    ReplyDelete
  7. Superb figures and terrain and those Ottomans are so colourful.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Reminds me that a camel-artillery is still on Westfalias wish-list.

    ReplyDelete
  9. beautiful table games with beautiful figurines, and a battle that is seldom play

    ReplyDelete
  10. Greetings work , really beauty paint Sir

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great photos/scenery/pics there Jason! And thanks for the Warlord heads-up, didn't spot that

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love those Ottomans definitely something different.

    ReplyDelete