Saturday, November 3, 2012

Nightmare in Siegfriedhof

Spooky enough for ya?

October brings with it Halloween and thus another opportunity for a spooky game just begging to be played.  With my last last game of Warhammer over a year ago and my Vampire Count army locked away since 7th Edition, I was just a little bit hesitant about Eric's offer for a big Halloween bash on the 28th.



Eric was just fresh off converting up and painting a new unit of super spiffy Knights Raven with their Grand Master Kevin Corbin Cory Karen Korvin, and was looking forward to hunting some blood suckers for once.  The battle also provided some motivation to work on some buildings/terrain.  You can see the fruits of his labor in the pics after touching up / repainting the buildings of his growing little Empire town of Siegfriedhof.




The points level was pretty close to 4000 as I offered Eric the chance to field as much of his Empire-Witch Hunter-Stirland River Patrol-Grey Watcher-Order of the Raven Army (Inside joke) as he could and then matched him with my undead minions.



As I am currently in between vampire conversions for my army I decided to go with the Lego Monster Hunters inspired "Lord Vampyre" for my arch fiend's name in a vain attempt to further annoy my would be executioner across the table.  It was definitely fun to field most of the evil minions in my figure cases, especially my full compliment of 80 zombies for once.  :-)




With such a large set up and sized armies the enjoyable evening sped by far too fast, and we only made it about half way through the game before midnight struck and we turned into pumpkins.  I'm definitely looking forward to another slightly smaller bout in the near future.  In the meantime enjoy the pictures!



All in all, another enjoyable evening with lovely armies and terrain, good food and yummy seasonally themed beer, and great company.  Thanks again for the game Eric!

Our Spooky / Oktoberfest sponsors.
.

9 comments:

  1. That's a beautiful set up and armies mate!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A great looking game! Mines a Nosferatu!

    ReplyDelete
  3. A wonderful table, wonderful armies, wonderful pictures...and, may be, wonderful sponsors!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well the Hacker-Pschorr was wonderful, but the Nosferatu Red Ale was a bit too bitter for me. Oh the irony... :)

      Delete
  4. Lovely looking table and wonderfully painted troop and I love the beer

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks guys! I'm glad you enjoyed the set up.

    Jason

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ok, this is world class beautiful. It looks like a GW photo shoot. Superb in every way.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Now you chaps take Halloween very seriously! That is a tremendous set up, but I just love the attention to detail in the background - the spiders' webs are just wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for the game Jason. Next time we'll set a up a more reasonable size game. The beer was good and the atmosphere was spooky. :)

    For me, the Halloween game usually ends my fall fantasy hobbying as I head into the winter months with new projects- kind of a season ender.

    I look forward to the coming years building up our Sylvania - Empire grudge!

    Thanks again!
    E

    ReplyDelete