Monday, August 6, 2012

Painted Warmaster Sampler

Vampire Counts Army:  Black Knights

Although my Warmaster collection (both painted and unpainted) is long gone, I've had a few people ask me recently if I still had some pics of my painted stuff.  I really needed to finally clean out any old files from my old computer that I wanted to save anyway, so I was able to dig up a few that I think I had taken for eBay.

 Black Knights

Skeleton Warriors

I figured it would be just as easy to post them on here than to attach them to a few e-mails.  Not much to write home about.  Just some of my Vampire Counts stuff and Night Goblin units painted by my friend Eric, but figured someone might enjoy taking a look.  Even at 10mm, I thought the Warmaster miniature line for the most part was excellent and had tons of character for such a small scale.  I would have loved to see a large Empire and Kislev force painted up.

Ghouls

More Ghouls

Warmaster itself is a great game, and probably one of my biggest wargaming regrets for never seeing my dream through.  However, the collection became a eBay causality along with all my 15mm stuff  last fall when I decided once and for all that I was sticking to only one scale (28mm) going forward.

 Dire Wolves

Dire Wolves

I have no problem painting the little guys, but making terrain/boards for multiple scales can be.  The issue became academic when I asked myself which project I would rather spend my time and money on in the future, and 28mm horse and musket was the obvious choice.

 Fell Bats

Spirit Hosts

It helps a bit that games like Rick Priestley's Black Powder, Hail Caesar, and their supplements share many things with his original Warmaster rules.  For now I'm firmly sticking with everything 28mm.  Dystopian Wars from Spartan Games would be a possibility especially on the naval side if someone tried to drag me into a smaller scale again.  (Hint, hint)


Night Goblins


Lots more Night Goblins!
.

7 comments:

  1. They really did pack an awful lot of detail and character into these wee fellows. I'm not sure I could have coped with such a small scale though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. As an army they look great, but painting stand by stand there's not as much satisfaction as an individual 28mm mini.

      Delete
  2. Those were some epic painted units sir.....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice looking collection Der Feldmarschall,
    I have never been able to part with any of my figures.
    cheers
    Paul

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Paul. Sometimes it's painfully necessary to sell off minis, although some others are (hopefully) untouchable.

      Giving up on certain projects can be both a relief and regret. My painted Viking and Eldar armies are definitely my main regrets.

      Jason

      Delete
  4. I had a good go trying to paint those small peoples. If I didn't have the same thoughts about 28's I would have finished that Orc & Goblin army. Hopefully somebody is giving them some love.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hopefully, what coulda been will soon be replaced by what will be! :-)

      Delete