Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Napoleon's Birthday!



The Emperor turns 243 today, and since my time on the blogosphere has been severely limited lately I thought I'd throw up another quick post just for fun.  (Some WIPs to come I promise)  Sorry if you don't like Coldplay.  I'm not particular one way or another, and this was just the best "video" I could find this morning.  So...

Happy Birthday Napoleon!

Just remember that Old Blucher still has your hat!!  ;-)

Blucher pondering what "special gift" he should give to Boney.
.

10 comments:

  1. Brilliant, wondeful mashup. I loved it! Now I want to see the series the clip was culled from.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Here you go:

      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v5nwB4dDDgk&feature=related

      The best English version I could find on YouTube.

      Delete
  2. Huzzah for Boney!

    I'd actually missed the date (oops!), so thanks for reminding me. Great video, too, though a little chronologically disjointed!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What?! You mean there were no Austrians at Waterloo? :)

      Delete
  3. Happy Birthday Nappie! A great piece of music and video too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great song, great video and Happy Birthday to Boney!

    ReplyDelete
  5. 243 years old, and so many posts and blogs! You're right to mention it! For my part, I celebrate the anniversary of the Dniepr crossing some days ago with some Opolchenies!
    By the way, thanks for your post "This Week in Military History 8/5 - 8/11", it was very nice!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hmm could not watch the video for legal reasons (the row between EMI, youtube and the GEMA [which collect royalties for artists here in Germany]), but I am sure it must be good! ;-)

    ReplyDelete