Friday, July 6, 2012

Warhammer 40k 6th Edition & Stuff

Only a few days late... just like if I had pre-ordered it from GW!!  :-)

Finally picked up my copy of the new 6th Edition of Warhammer 40k today.  Although local gamer excitement has interfered a bit with my enjoyment of the Minnesota Wild's huge success in this year's NHL free agency, I've been pretty stoked to getting my hands on the new book.

I started playing 40k back in the Rogue Trader days in 1991, but unfortunately 3rd and 4th Editions ended most of my enthusiasm for the game.  I sold off the rest of my armies (both painted and unpainted), but I did manage to hold on to my old metal Mordian Imperial Guard minis.  With 5th Edition really revitalizing my interest, I started to slowly work on my army last year.

Along with the release of the new rules my good buddy Chris, who first got me into all this Games Workshop crap back in college, is in town on leave from the Army and looking to play a big battle to kick off 6th Edition.  We have a four player game scheduled for the 11th, and I'm trying to get my IG force at least battle ready.  Chris is bringing his newly painted Eldar army, but also has his old skool Ultramarines ready to go even if I'm not.  :-)

Either way, I'm really looking forward to getting my Mordians rocking again and get going on playing some 6th Ed!
.

2 comments:

  1. I also had a bit of a dry spell with 5th Ed, but after a couple of games of 6th I'm very much back into gaming - there are some subtle changes that really make it playable compared to some clunky earlier rules. Looking forward to seeing more of those amazing Mordians!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm certainly liking 6th so far. Hopefully I'll have some more IG figs to share on here sooner than later. :-)

      Delete