Saturday, December 24, 2011

Merry Christmas from The Land of Toy Soldiers!

 
 Not enough snow in this photo for a proper Christmas!

Christmas is already special time for me since I'm a Christian and have a wonderful family to share it with, but it has always been a time tied directly to marching legions of toy soldiers as well.  At least for me anyway...  They captured my imagination long ago, and as a younger lad I had quite a collection of toy soldier Christmas tree ornaments and nutcrackers.

My Mom always reserved a shelf in the family room for my "Land of the Toy Soldiers" (military sub-district of Santa's North Pole) display that I would meticulously set up every year.  (Only to have my Dad mischievously knock them down from time to time when he got home from work.)

Conan, what is good in life?..  Toy soldiers of course!!

I quickly fell in love with the brightly colored uniforms, white cross-belts, and feather plumed silly hats so it was no wonder this child like fondness has carried over until the present day.  You can quickly get lost and annoyed in the hustle and bustle of the holiday season.  But for me, toy soldiers helps me revisit if only for a brief moment, that inner child and that pure joy untainted by present day worries and troubles.

Well, enough blabbing from me.  Wishing everyone a very merry Christmas!  Have a safe and enjoyable holiday season full of great memories with friends and family.  Hopefully you'll find a few new toy soldiers under the Christmas tree as well! :-)


Bonus video!


.

8 comments:

  1. A Merry Christmas and a very Happy New Year to you and your family!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Merry Christmas to you an yours
    cheers
    Mike

    ReplyDelete
  3. Merry Christmas to you and yours! Hope it's a good one.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Merry Christmas and best wish's my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  5. A very Happy Christmas to you and your family - a delightful post.

    ReplyDelete