Thursday, October 27, 2011

Spooky Mordheim Battles, Part 3

 
 ...and even more Spooky Times!

October 2006

In 2006 I finally got my own Witch Hunter warband finished which you can check it out here if you like.  I only got a few games in during the Mordheim league, but we did have true Mega-battle at the end with 14 players.  In games like these, you do miss a lot of what's going on further down the table, but the game was tons of fun all the same.  This game was at Phoenix Games again, and it certainly looks epic in the picture below.  :-)


October 2007

As the Phoenix Games location in Minneapolis closed, the 2007 Halloween spooktacular took place at the brand new Tower Games.  "Night of the Zombie" was already featured in a post in late September, so you can check that out here if you're not too scared.


October 2009

(Sorry, the following pics aren't the best; my old camera was dying at the time.)



Unfortunately I missed the Warhammer 40k style Zombie game in 2008, and in 2009 there was no "Halloween" game per se.  We did have "A Day in Mordhiem" type thing one Saturday at Tower Games where 6 of us played a mini-league, playing 5 normal games (one against each guy), and then a big game at the end of the day.



All in all we had 6 different warbands with Undead, Skaven, Sisters of Sigmar, High Elves, Witch Hunters, and Averlanders.  Although I really wanted to play my Witch Hunters, I fielded the good old Undead for the sake of variety.



My warband did really good for the most part, but got beat down by the Sisters and their slings.  Although my warband had one of the highest ratings for the final battle they got taken out first.  Unfortunately leaving me in sit and watch mode for the last few hours.



Regardless, good times!  Sadly though this was some of the last Mordheim games I'll probably play (At least for awhile).  Most of us have moved on to other rule sets with Mordheim getting a bit dated.  For skirmish games the basic mechanics for GW Lord of the Rings game (Also used for Legends of the Old West and Legends of the High Seas) are very solid. In fact that's what Eric and I are using for our game on Friday.



Hopefully I haven't overloaded some of you with "Spooky Mordheim" stuff (sorry) after three posts.  It was fun going through the old pics again as I'm building excitement (at least for myself) for my game on Friday.  A few of these would have made half decent batreps if I still had the stories and rules we wrote up for them laying around.

At the very least I hope you enjoyed seeing the terrain and setups we came up with over the years.  I know I do Google image searches to get ideas sometimes, so hopefully some of these shots might inspire someone else.

Be sure to check out Part 1 and Part 2.

5 comments:

  1. The scenery was the real star over the last posts.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mouthwatering scenery....kinda makes you sick!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ray, you haven't been bitten by a zombie have you???

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such good times. At least the cobwebs and dust helps the aging affect of the terrain...

    ReplyDelete