Sunday, September 25, 2011

Vampire Counts - Carmilla von Carstein

 The forces of darkness on the march.

October is almost upon us and Fall is in the air.  That means it's time for some spooky stuff!  Great opportunity for me in the next few weeks to share some fun Mordheim, Halloween, and Zombie battles of the past and of course include some peaks at my Von Carstein Vampire Counts army.  :-)



First up is Carmilla von Carstein, a fig I converted up to be either a hero or lord level vamp in my army.  Unfortunately the camera washes out most the highlights and shading on the face especially.  She's definitely a fighty type vampire, and vampire chicks in armor swinging around swords always gets the blood pumping...


Ever since I first saw the Warmachine Alexia Ciannor miniature, I wanted to convert her into a vamp.  Just had to wait for the right head to come along.  I ended up using a Slaanesh Daemonette head, and the beastial look was perfect for a vamp in full battle fury.  The wild wind swept hair also was a great match for her flowing cape and really adds to the epic look of the fig.

Other than that, I got rid of the hood and gave the mini a vampy cowl.  Replaced any steampunk bits and gave Carmilla a proper Warhammer vampire sword.  All in all, nothing too difficult and I think the fig looks great stuck in a unit of skeletons or Grave Guard. (You'll see them later)  :-)

Another VC army teaser pic.

Just noticed another Alexia mini over at Privateer Press, so I might have to do a mounted version in the future. Although many of my Vampire Counts projects are in stasis right now as the army and all my skeletons are currently not too competitive or enjoyable to play in Warhammer 8th Edition.  Still, I should be able to post some fun stuff for you to look at before Halloween gives way to November.

8 comments:

  1. Nothing like a bit of female vampire to get the blood really flowing, lovely stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great fig - she'd make a perfect Blood Bowl player without that sword!

    ReplyDelete
  3. "Blood Bowl?! Don't talk about about Blood Bowl! You kidding me?! Blood Bowl?!" - Jim Morastein

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, that is one scary chick! and by scary I mean awesome! Great job on this mini... conversion, paint job, everything.

    I'm looking forward to seeing more of this "von Carstein" army. That first pic looks way cool, and those banners are sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Usually not a fan of Privateer Press suff, but you make this fig into great looking vamp. Very nicely done! Looks like a great looking army as well.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'll second the comment on the Carstein banners. Looks brilliant!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for all the kind words everyone! Definitely a fun model to do. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. It's fun to see your old army come creeping from the grave once again. Now if we could just get a new book to put us back into the field with 8th edition.

    love the backdrop. "spooooky tiiime". :)

    ReplyDelete