Thursday, September 29, 2011

Peter Cushing - Hero, Villain, & Wargamer


Ever since 1977, Grand Moff Tarkin has been on my short list of favorite Star Wars characters.  Through the years the more I learned about the actor behind the role, the more the late Peter Cushing became entrenched among my favorite movie celebrities.

The last couple of years during the Fall, I've prepped for Halloween by searching out more and more old Hammer Horror, etc. films on YouTube for some fun late night viewing.  Especially those featuring Peter Cushing and Christopher Lee.  What I found tonight however, was truly an unexpected gem!



Pretty interesting to find we shared a hobby with such a man, but I also found the "narration" (and music soundtrack) quite enjoyable too.  ;-)  He even went so far to categorize us wargamers as "Distinguished people."  The video definitely put a big smile on my face and hopefully you enjoyed viewing it as well.


You can read the ebook version of H.G. Wells' Little Wars and/or download for free at the Project Gutenberg site here.  Every wargamer worth their salt definitely should.

9 comments:

  1. Excellent - The Grand Moff is a fav character of mine too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Remember seeing this video a while ago, he was a top man.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bee bee guns in the sand box with plastic soldiers, to D&D metal figures in the sand box, to D&D action figures to dwarves and then Christmas Marines! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  4. I do not know what "bee bee guns" and "sand boxes" have to do with Mr. Cushing, but I can assure you they're not the actions of a distinguished gentlemen wargamer!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very enjoyable video. :D Thanks so much for finding this. Peter Cushing is the best!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Had not seen that before. Excellent. Thanks for posting it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Seriously Jason, I bet you exploded inside when you saw this video for the first time. I think you and Mr. Cushing would have been the best room mates ever, sans the smoking. :)

    "like a game of chess, but more exciting."

    ReplyDelete
  8. A SMASHING GOOD TIME OL' CHUM! Now pass the grey PU PU PU PON!

    ReplyDelete