Friday, August 26, 2011

The Army of Erebor - Gandalf the Grey

I'm a wizard, mind you!

Well shiny or not, here's my Gandalf the Grey.  I figured I'd go ahead and post some pics since the humidity is not going away soon.  Plus I can always edit this later.  Gandalf is a nice addition to any good army in War of the Ring, but I think he definitely fits in with his shorter friends at the Lonely Mountain.

Games Workshop has had a ton of different Gandalfs in their Lord of the Rings line, but I choose the "Rivendell" Gandalf to use with my dwarves.  I do have the action packed Gandalf mini from The Breaking of the Fellowship box, but this one is my favorite.

The fig has that typical "councilor Gandalf" look about him.  The Grey Pilgrim tends to share his opinions freely or just tell the dwarves what to do.  Based on their past, I'm sure they are more than willing to listen.  :-)

You dwarves should watch my fireworks from over there!

It will be interesting to see what new Gandalf the Grey minis that GW releases after The Hobbit movies come out.  In the meantime, I'd love to get this model of Gandalf in his cart although I'm not sure what I would use it for game-wise.

2 comments:

  1. What?! No love for Gandalf?!!

    Very nice job on this mini. Hopefully you got rid of the shiny bits. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, this one got lost in the shuffle I think. Thanks for the "love" though. :-)

    ReplyDelete