Sunday, July 17, 2011

Mordheim - Witch Hunter Warband


I thought I would post some pics of my Witch Hunter warband for Mordheim 'cause EVERYONE loves Witch Hunters!!  They're up there in awesomeness with pirates, ninjas, and vikings right??!!  Well, maybe not for the folks that are tied to the stakes...


First up is Captain Heinrich Helsturm and two of his older warhounds, Flint and Tinder.  Apparently he keeps them lean and mean, and hungry for heretics.



Next up is the Captain's loyal Templars: Mathias Nachtmann, Vernon Hoch, and Kurt Wilheim.  The mini in the middle has always been a favorite of mine.  It's basically Anthony Hopkins straight out of Bram Stoker's Dracula.  I've removed the severed heads in his left hand and replaced them with a very appropriate pistol.



The more zealous members of the group (if that's even possible with Witch Hunters) is the Warrior Priest of Sigmar, Father Gregor Steinhertz, and his two Flagellants, Klaus and Gunther.  No Mordheim warband is complete without the fish.  :)


To fill out the core of the warband, the Captain has sprung for some new pups.  These very loyal rottweilers answer to the names: Lock, Stock, and Barrel.


"I am here, but soon you will not be here!  All you worst nightmare 'bout to come true!!"


Now for some of the hired muscle, and dressed the part no less.  The ogre bodyguard Fezzik wears his contact on his back, so that those cowering behind him "Don't forget the deal!"



Last, but not least (In his mind anyway) is the flamboyant Karl Schwarzeblitz (Or maybe we should call him Lord Flashheart?)  This Imperial Noble fig is a hold over from the very fun days of Warhammer Quest.  I use him from time to time as an additional Witch Hunter or a Freelance Knight.  Karl might just be getting some new white duds in the near future and march with my Reikland Empire army from now on.

I have a few Zealots to paint up someday that will also double as Flagellants in my Empire army.  I also have a few more Witch Hunter minis I've been itching to paint up.  Especially the 2010 AdeptiCon one.

5 comments:

  1. Wow! What a great looking warband! I love the converted maneater. What models are the skinny warhounds?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks!

    The warhounds are some really old Citadel chaos hounds from the '80s. Kinda ironic...

    http://www.solegends.com/citcat912/c20279rcchaoshounds-h.htm

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just fantastic work on these figs! Surprised something listed in your "Popular Posts" has almost no comments.

    Again, great looking warband!

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOL Lots of visits and lots of lurkers I guess. :-) I'm glad you like 'em!

    ReplyDelete