Monday, June 20, 2011

The Perfect Mortar

Now I don't plan to use mortars for my Imperial Guard too often, but one of my main local opponents has Orks so they might come in handy from time to time.  With their gigantic shells, I'm not a big fan of the Mordian mortar models, so I've kept the idea of an alternate model on the back burner.

Now with the Mordian minis really being 1970s Prussians in my eyes, I've been looking for something more akin to a Krupp Gun/Howitzer from the period or at least something that gives the same feel.  My buddy came across a Polish company called Kromlech, and this what I found:


With a little help, I think 3 of these models will be perfect for my army and raining some pain on a few Orks.  Might even consider their Feldkanone for missile launcher replacements.  The model hasn't been released yet, but I have plenty to work on in the meantime.

More great stuff on their site.  Especially if you want to a Blood Axe Ork army.  :-)

1 comment: